August 25, 2009
Sometimes...I wonder what people mean when they say they are single and lonely. I have always believed, being lonely and being alone are two different statements altogether. Though, being alone is momentary, loneliness gives you a feeling of solitude for life.
In one of the stories of Times of India, I have read about a man who sits in his rocking chair nursing a scotch every evening when the dusk sets in, listening to an old Mohd. Rafi's song ...Dekhi zamaane ki yaari, bichde sabhi baari baari...in his calm surrounding with a sense of peace and a day well spent. No broken hearts here, but a man unwinding after a day at work. His book lying next to his pillow, the way he left it last night and a collection of around 2500 DVDs to choose from.
On the other hand a single women is a busy professional, juggling career and home, handling her life and loving it the way it is, with the guarantee that there's no place in her life for any man.
Both the stories make me wonder if the characters are lonely or alone. Is it necessary to plan our whole life with one person or it's just a social responsibility? Can we lead a peaceful life all alone just being ourselves and doing things we want to do once we set our mind to it?
A time when we stop wandering and settle down just for ourselves or our dreams wrapped in a secure life and comfortable around ourselves. Would that be a selfish or self-centered existence or freedom. Living our life to the fullest and wishing to make every dream come true, and the best of our existence.
I remember how I reacted after reading a statement (There's nothing called ideal match) on a fellow blogger's blog today. I got offended and told him I did not like the statement, but now I wonder only if he was all wrong. A feeling of single hood not only gives you a sense of freedom but also a peaceful and fulfilled life.
Movies, books, music, arts, hobbies, travelling, social work, friends and lots of dreams ~ life has hell lot of variety it seems that might limit itself because of many adjustments and sacrifices done in a relationship. Is it really necessary to have a partner for life or the emptiness can be filled with a large number of friends and variety of things that leave no space for one's other half.
A single person is free to pick and choose as many individuals as friends or to connect with the whole human species with no boundaries to set in. Sometimes, people you share some magical moments with become the most cherished memory of your life, much more important than the one you spend your whole life with.
Just because someone is alone does not mean he is lonely and with so many things to explore in this beautiful life, there's no chance to get bored. Rather we can devote our lives in helping those in need, those who have nothing. Isn't someone who cares and loves people but not bound to any one person is much better than the one with a companion but not satisfied and happy with their life?
August 18, 2009
It's a weird weird life. when you expect so much, it gives you a little and when you sit down with zero hope, it provides more than you have wished for. Though I am just 21 yrs and not old enough to explain what to expect from this unexpected life. But there are few things I have learned that I would love to share
- Lord Buddha said, 'We achieve peace through meditation' yet I have learned, the most beautiful and peace giving thing in the world is to watch a little child asleep.
- Share everything you want to in life with friends and with people you care for but never trust someone who says, 'trust me I can keep this secret.'
- No matter how rich we become, we can never buy what really matters in life.
- Sometimes crying is best response.
- There will always be someone in your life who annoys you no matter where you are and you will love it eventually and miss them when they are not there.
- Usually, it's better to shut up but sometimes it's necessary to argue.
- Believe me on this one - it's not worth a calorie until n unless it is a CHOCOLATe :).
- Though many people believe that you are what you wear or what your shoes tells about you but I have learned- Do not judge a book by its cover.
- Well, I am always in trouble because of honesty but I still believe honesty can solve any problem.
- May be we should never let go of our deepest desire. But I have learned- letting go is the only way to keep something or someone in life.
- It's good to be yourself and maintain your dignity. But I have learned - The word 'WE' always sounds better than the word 'I'.
- We will always come across many intolerable people but there's still a difference between being angry and being cruel.
- One thing I wish I have learned when I was 8 yrs is that - I wish I could have told my dad that I love him more time, before he passed away.
- Never be close friends with your best friend's boyfriend. Her boyfriend might start liking you and that can create problems in relationships (examples better hidden :P).
- And finally - I am sure you all will agree on this one - Just do not expect your money back if you have lend it to a close friend... Friends will be friends :)
August 14, 2009
by Sugandha Gupta | 33 CommentsEmail this post
August 12, 2009
1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn on page 18 and find line 4.
- The line says " how was your afternoon?" from the book Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer.
- My Stress Ball !!!
- How I met your mother
- 9 P.M.
- It is 9:09 P.M.
- My mom calling me for dinner for the fifth time...
- I was out for a an evening walk...
- My computer screen :D
- A.C.. My Vision Wall ...Wall Clock... Candle Stands... and some posters
- Rakhi Sawant on NDTV Imagine :D
- Come September
- I will travel
- I can talk fluently and flawlessly!!!
- A world without religion would be nice :)
- I love to
- Honey - Bunny :D
And I tag :
1. Great blogger named Saad from Bombay : Bombay Blogger.
2. Americanising Desi blog : Life or something like it
by Sugandha Gupta | 52 CommentsEmail this post
A father passing by his daughter's bedroom was astonished to see the bed was nicely made and everything was neat & tidy. He suddenly saw an envelope propped up on the center of the pillow. It was addressed "Dad"
with the worst premonition, he opened the envelope and read the letter:
Tory has a great CD collection; he already owns a trailer in the woods and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter. It's true he has other girlfriends as well but I know he'll be faithful to me in his own way. Tory taught me that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone and he'll be growing it for us and we'll trade it with our friends for all the cocaine and ecstasy we want. In the meantime, we'll pray that science will find a cure for AIDS so that Tory can be cured; he sure deserves a long life!!
Don't worry Dad, I'm 15 years old now and I know how to take care of myself. Someday I'm sure we'll be back to visit so you can get to know your grandchildren.
Your loving daughter,
At the bottom of the page were the letters 'PTO',
Hands trembling, her father turned the sheet, and read:
P. S: Dad, none of the above is true.
I'm over at the neighbor's house.I just wanted to remind you that there are worse
things in life than my report card that's in my desk's center drawer.
Please sign it and call when it is safe for me
to come home. I love you !!
(courtesy : A forwarded e mail from a friend)
August 09, 2009
Each bubble contains a dream, an idea, a wish, a desire. Once in a while a bubble floats into the conscious state of the mind. The bubble grows. Bigger and bigger. Day after day. When it reaches its optimum level, its all we can think about. Day and night.
All you want in life is that little dream inside the bubble to come true. And once that wish takes over your mind-body-soul, the bubble BURSTS. Just like that. Just as inconspicuously as it had surfaced in the first place. For a second you're paralyzed, not realizing what has happened.
You don't know what to do, where to go. Your heart breaks. Your mind freezes. Your soul cries.
Time passes. And then slowly another bubble floats into the conscious state of the mind. This one too grows bigger and bigger, day after day........until.......
Life becomes a full circle.
August 07, 2009
Though, I do not intend to write about miracles here, but this is what happens when you wake up at 2 A.M. with so much in your heart and with the most beautiful dream you have ever seen. They say, " Miraculous moments of life can be found in the simplest way, in the chirping of the birds, innocent smile of a new born or a rainbow".
You don't need to teach a seed to grow
It's just another ordinary miracle today...'
Have you ever used the phrase- It was destined to me or accidentally discovered something fortunate while looking for something else or just decided to let go of the most precious thing to test your destiny.Isn't it strange when you have prayed for a specific purpose and the prayer is answered, when there's no earthly reason something wonderful has happened, or when all hopes are gone and an opportunity arrives out of nowhere and leave you amazed.
Miracles happen to everyone everyday, however most people do not see miracles because they are simply not looking for them. In fact, I guess to live at all is a miracle enough. It might sound like a Fairy Tale or may be a few words from some school kid, but miracles do happen to those who believe in them. Moments and miracles are everywhere, just look around and do not just believe in miracles - depend on them.
Like every time a raindrop falls
It's just another ordinary miracle today
Birds in winter have their fling
And always make it home by springIt's just another ordinary miracle todayWhen you wake up everydayPlease don't throw your dreams awayHold them close to your heart
cause we are all a part of
The Ordinary Miracle...
And with the music of these beautiful lines by Sarah Mclachlan, I think I want to sleep a little more as it's just 2:30 A.M. and I wish to see the same dream and who knows it might just come true and turns into another ordinary miracle :)
August 02, 2009
The idea is, to list five items in each category and not necessarily in order of liking. You can always add or subtract categories according to your will. Then tag five lovely people to be the next ones to take this quiz.
- Interesting: This is one word that makes me excited. Anything that comes under the category turns me on :P
- Words: There is so much in my heart I express through words and also my blog is still alive because of words :)
- Mysterious: This word is full of all hidden mysteries. Kinda difficult to explain.
- Obsession: Too obsessed with obsession. This word puts all my crazy thoughts in a single bucket.
- Miracle: Einstein wrote, "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." I prefer the latter one.
Favorite characters (Fiction) :
- Duchess from The Duchess of Malfi : This bold character describes that a women has liberty in this 'so called' men's world.
- Santiago from The Alchemist : This character made me realize it is never silly to chase your dreams.
- Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice : After reading the book I have decided...I am not gonna settle down in life for anyone less than MR. Darcy.
- Gopal from The Inscrutable Americans : His innocence will take your heart away for sure.
Words They Must Ban :
- LOLS: Though I myself use this word a lot. But its kinda sucks. Every time when we have nothing to say we LOL, and it annoys me a lot.
- Etc. : This is the most complicated word I have ever read. It seems like an alternate for knowledge. When you have nothing in mind say etc etc.
- Blah Blah : Now this word has no real reason to survive. It cuts all the details and the poor sentence becomes dull.
- Loser: This word is the biggest loser in itself and those who use it for others are big time losers too.
- Wateva : Attitude without personality is what this word is all about.
Favorite One Liners :
- Less is more, when more is too much.
- Well behaved women seldom make history.
- Reality is a nice place , but I would not want to live there.
- A clean room is a sign of a broken computer.
- Never get in fight with ugly people, they have nothing to lose.
And five creative chosen ones are :)1. Amit and his romantic blog : Hopeless Romantic2. Lovesick from the blog : Obsessions
3. Ramblings of Subhayan in : Wrahoolz Wramblingz
4. Angie from the blog : Rehab Reject
5. Opinions of Bharathi from: The Naked Opinion.
Have fun ... reply soon ... :) cheers!!!